We appreciate the diversity that international students contribute to our school.

International students must meet the immigration and visa requirements of the Canadian Government.  These requirements along with the various documents needed (and the locations from which they can be obtained) can be found by referring to the Canadian Government website.

International students may apply if parents have:
- Permanent residency documentation (card or paper)
- Parent work permit
- Study permit

Work Permits:  Work permits issued to parents are often automatically accompanied by study permits for their children.  Infrequently, the children have visitor's records in which case we ask that parents apply for a "change of status" to Canadian immigration for their children to obtain a study permit.

Study Permits:  Parents must make advance application abroad, which includes obtaining a letter of acceptance that they will take to the Canadian Embassy in their home country as part of their application for a study permit.  Students wanting to study temporarily in Canada are not permitted to apply for a study permit from inside Canada.

Study permits are normally valid for one year after which they must be renewed.

Exceptions:  Children in preschool and kindergarten do not require a study permit, but if staying for Grade 1, they must apply for a "change of status" with Canadian immigration from visitor to study permit before their visitor's record expires.

Children not accompanied by parents must provide legal guardian agreement.

International students may apply as full-time, long term international student for a full school year.

International Students - Kindergarten to Grade 12
Tuition - $12,000
Curriculum Fee - $400
Registration Fee - $100

The following must be provided to VCA:

  • Student application form completed and signed by parent
  • Signed parent/school commitment
  • Report card of last grade attended translated into English
  • Immunization records
  • Copy of passport
  • Proof of permanent residency status or parent work permit or student study permit
  • Custodian declaration (if not coming with parents)
  • One half of the yearly tuition (refundable if immigration application is denied)
  • Curriculum fee of $400.00 (non-refundable)
  • Registration fee of $100.00 (non-refundable)

Please contact us if you have any questions about our school.  We look forward to providing your son or daughter with an extensive and enjoyable education.  Thank you for your interest in VCA.

Please see the immigration Canada website: